PROMPT Train the Trainers (T3) Day
The PMF UK faculty run the ‘Train the Trainers’ (T3) Day for key members of the multi-professional team from local units. Teams that have attended PROMPT T3 training delivered by the UK Faculty, are then authorised to implement PROMPT Courses in their own hospital, unit or institution.
PROMPT courses are run in individual maternity units/institutions by multiprofessional teams of staff that have attended a PROMPT Train the Trainers (T3) day delivered by PMF authorised trainers. Local faculty should include obstetricians, anaesthetists and midwives (or local equivalent).
PROMPT course manual
The PROMPT Course Manual is essential reading for all attendees of local PROMPT Courses and provides much useful information for any health professional wishing to understand more about the management of obstetric emergencies.
We provide the training and materials for you to deliver PROMPT courses to your staff.
"Teams that work together should also train together, with regular training taking place on the labour ward rather than on 'away days' ..." (The King's Fund - 2008)
Golden rules for the course
- Multi-professional participants and trainers
- Locally run courses, using facilities in own units
- Locally adopted (and adapted)
- Integrated team-working e.g. training in teams
- Multi-professional drills, supported by in-house clinical 'champions'
- Use of simple props and patient actors
- Participants debrief using clinical and teamwork checklists
- Use of PROMPT Birthing Trainer for Shoulder Dystocia